New salary thresholds for Highly Skilled Migrants
02 January 2018
As of 1 January 2018, the following salary thresholds for highly skilled migrants from outside the European Union apply:
- highly skilled migrants under 30 years of age: EUR 3,229
- highly skilled migrants of 30 years or older: EUR 4,404
- migrants who graduated in the Netherlands: EUR 2,314
- intra corporate transferees under 30 years of age: EUR 3,229
- intra corporate transferees of 30 years or older: EUR 4,404
- EU Blue Card holders: EUR 5,160
The amounts refer to the employee’s (minimum) monthly salary exclusive of 8% holiday allowance.
In order to apply for visa and work permits for employees from outside the European Union, a company must have been accepted as a so-called ‘recognised sponsor’ by the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service. The fee to apply for a status as recognised sponsor amounts to EUR 5,345. For start-ups with less than 50 employees, the fee amounts to EUR 2,672.
Should you need any assistance with your application to be accepted as recognised sponsor or with the application for visa and work permits for your foreign employees, please do not hesitate to contact us.